Maidenhead Golf Club has a thriving junior (12 to 17 years old) section for boys and girls and a cadet school for 8 to 12 year olds. The cadet section only runs during the summer and provides a very good introduction to the wonderful game of golf.
Junior Golfing Activities
- Junior members with a current active CONGU handicap of 18 or lower are allowed to participate in almost all of the major club competitions (see men’s and ladies sections for more information).
- Dates for all general club competitions are shown in the club diary and on the club website.
- Junior members at Maidenhead Golf Club form an integral part of the club playing matches against the Artisans, Senior’s, Ladies and Club Directors.
- Active participation is encouraged on the Captains Charity Day and junior members are encouraged to take on “all-comers” in a putting competition.
- The junior team participate in the Thames Valley Junior Golf League (TVJGL) and play matches against teams representing Goring and Streatly, Henley, Frilford Heath, Sonning, Newbury and Crookham, Reading and Calcot.
- TVJGL also run the Stags trophy, a drawn knockout competition and Maidenhead juniors will take part during the 2016 season.
Junior Golf Competitions/Matches
- The Junior club championship is played over 36 holes. There are 2 trophies, donated by Steve Geary club professional, for best gross and nett scores.
- Presented in 2002, the Jimmy Miller trophy is awarded to the junior player who achieves the 6 highest Stableford scores in the season.
- The Godley junior trophy was presented by E C Godley, MGC Captain in 1979 and President from 2002 to 2005, to encourage junior players and give them a taste of competitive golf. It is a 36 hole stroke play competition.
- TVJGL (Thames Valley Junior Golf League) matches, Golfer of the Year and Stags trophy are junior team competitions. Participation in these matches is strictly based on handicap order, ie. The 5 lowest handicap juniors available to play on the day.
- The TVJGL open medal is held at Maidenhead every year and is open to all juniors with an active CONGU handicap of 28 or less.
- The intra-club matches are open to all junior players who put their names on the starting sheet. All junior players are welcome to take part in these fun competitions against the Ladies, Seniors, Artisan and Board members.
Junior Roll Ups
- Usually held on a Saturday afternoon around 12.00pm when all junior and intermediate members are welcome to play.
- Juniors are also welcome to play in the weekday roll-ups.